Important notice about the future of Stripcreator (Updated: May 2nd, 2023)

stripcreator forums
Jump to:

Stripcreator » Fights Go Here » I(owa) Heart Huckabee?

Author

Chi_The_Cynic
Comoedus Cynicalis

Member Rated:

How has a homophobic, creationist Bible-bashing warmonger like him managed to win the Republican Iowa caucus? I mean, sure, he reckons God did it, but this English atheist is still perplexed.

1-04-08 12:24am (new)
quote : comics : pm : info

biped
Mr. Wonderful

Member Rated:

It's supposed to perplex English atheists.

---
Legend, oh legend, the third wheel legend...always in the way.

1-04-08 12:31am (new)

AngryAmerican
Here at least 3 times a year

Member Rated:

our politics are amusing.

---
Kill Whitey.

1-04-08 12:57am (new)

LuckyGuess
hm

Member Rated:

When you pick up the phone, you hear your own death. AND THEN YOU DIE.

---
the kid's getting old, the kid's getting old

1-04-08 1:54am (new)

boloboffin
putting the whee in ennui

Member Rated:

When you turn on your iPod, you hear the song that will be playing at your funeral. AND THEN YOUR IPOD EXPLODES!

Way better. They should let me write films. But, Noooo. They'd rather have Huckabee win Iowa. Evidently, the song playing at the funeral of America will have Huckabee playing bass.

---
You can take the heart out of the hooker but you can't take the hooker out of the heart. -- Frankenhooker

1-04-08 3:05am (new)

Zaster
Wait for it...

Member Rated:

I'm baffled as well. Maybe it's just me, but I expect a presidential candidate to have some minimum grasp of reality. Believing that the Earth is 6,000 years old is kind of a deal-breaker. What century is it in Iowa anyway?

---
I was gonna send a robot back in time, but I got high.

1-04-08 6:59am (new)

Scyess
Official Traveling Menstrual

Member Rated:

Chi_The_Cynic

Why wouldn't they?  It worked for them for the last two elections.

Zaster

I am inclinded to agree.  On the other hand, very few policy decisions are based on the age of the Earth.

---
"Old" is the old new.

1-04-08 8:39am (new)

crabby
I have an awesome avatar.

Member Rated:

It's that damn I Heart Huckabee's movie. It's got all the kids tapping their toes and all the elderly are unafraid.

1-04-08 8:56am (new)

mandingo
weak stream

Member Rated:

i gave up hoping for quality candidates two presidencies ago

---
what if nigger meant kite

1-04-08 9:03am (new)

FinnNYC
germs

Member Rated:

Chi_The_Cynic wrote:

How has a homophobic, creationist Bible-bashing warmonger like him managed to win the Republican Iowa caucus?/quote]

Your question answered itself. 

---
-=- You eat one lousy foot and they call you a cannibal. What a world. -=-

1-04-08 11:27am (new)

choadwarrior
Crash Magnet

Member Rated:

1) Hooray! Chi's back!

2) One credit I'll give to the US media this election cycle is how they've pointed out how insignificant Iowa really is in the grand scheme of things. It's a state with a population of less than the county I live in. In fact, there are 5 times more people in the city I live in than voted last night. Also, the population is 94.6% white...not exactly a snapshot of modern America.

The reason why western states like California and Nevada moved their primaries up is because they were tired of having the midwest and south choosing who the remaining candidates would be once their late primaries rolled around. If California's primary had been first, the pundits would be debating this morning whether or not a gay-friendly, pro-choice candidate with no foriegn policy experience like Rudy Giuliani
can win any midwestern or southern Republican primaries other than Florida. And whether or not he could, he'd still have won more primary votes in one state than Huckabee could win in 10.

3) A win in Iowa might give a candidate some momentum, but it's certainly not a guarantee at the party nomination...Pat Robertson, Richard Gephardt, & George HW Bush in 1980 to name a few won Iowa and collapsed after that.

Yeah! Kooky Christian Fundamentalist TV Preacher Pat Robertson won there--it shouldn't be a surprise the Iowans voted for Huckabee.

This is one of the many reasons I won't be going back to the state of my birth...yeah, I was born in Iowa.

4) Finally, while I'm intrigued by the thought of Huckabee being the GOP nominee just to see how much he'd get trounced, the thought of him winning scares the fuck out of me, so I hope he runs out of money and fades into obscurity after New Hampshire.

1-04-08 11:56am (new)

Zaster
Wait for it...

Member Rated:

I say we take off and nuke the site from orbit. It's the only way to be sure.

In less frightening news, Obama did win the Democratic caucus. Obama for yo' mama!

---

1-04-08 12:21pm (new)

christopher7murphy
underestimated the power of cheese

Member Rated:

...as if a republican is gonna win  in 08. sheesh

---
Insert Theme to Mannix here

1-04-08 1:21pm (new)

AngryAmerican
Here at least 3 times a year

Member Rated:

apparently either Barak Obama or Bill Richardson match my political criteria the closest.

go to glassbooth.org for a quiz that matches you up with the candidate that most aligns with your political views. its fun!

honestly i haven't decided who's getting my vote yet. i do know it won't be a republican, but that's as far as i've gotten.

---
Kill Whitey.

1-04-08 3:32pm (new)

not_Scyess
not laughing with you

Member Rated:

christopher7murphy

Indeed.  Hillary will be our next president.  All this BS leading up to that is just a way to get stupid people to give money to political parties.

---
peddling the funny around since 09/24/2002

1-04-08 3:36pm (new)

Chi_The_Cynic
Comoedus Cynicalis

Member Rated:

not_Scyess

I do hope you're right. I know she's America's Most Hated In The Midwest (surely an accolade rather than an insult?) but I like her. It'd be good to have her as President just so that Bill could be First Man...

1-04-08 4:56pm (new)

choadwarrior
Crash Magnet

Member Rated:

1-04-08 8:32pm (new)

mandingo
weak stream

Member Rated:

Hillary's a cuntsicle. no way she wins the nomination. if by some miracle she does, get used to the idea of another Republican president. the fact that people even think she has a chance is a testament to her ability to hype. though, come to think of it, if she were to win the presidency, it might save the taxpayers some money since her and Bill could move in the same furniture they stole from the White House when they moved out last time.

i don't think Baroq will win the nomination either. every time i think of him as president, i can't get that Eddie Murphy first-black-president skit out of my head, where he's dancing around to avoid gunfire. a lot of people just aren't ready. i think the Democrat nominee will be a dark horse. (but not that dark.)

as for the Republicans, i think John McCain will take the nomination. i also think he'll win the presidency, since the field of Democrats is so weak. i'm from Arizona, so you may think i'm a little biased, but truth is i don't like his politics

actually, i don't like any of these fuckers. the entire system's flawed. people wasting their time talking about this shit is kind of like a weakling in prison speculating who's gonna rape him next. what does it matter? you're still gonna get raped.

---

1-04-08 8:58pm (new)

mandingo
weak stream

Member Rated:

mandingo*Barack

let's just start calling him Steve

---

1-04-08 9:13pm (new)

biped
Mr. Wonderful

Member Rated:

mandingo

---
Legend, oh legend, the third wheel legend...always in the way.

1-04-08 10:39pm (new)

LuckyGuess
hm

Member Rated:

I just enjoy watching the major media networks try to change up their news with wacky twists, in order to pump their ratings like they were able to in 04'- most of 07'.

Ha, ha, Murrow is rolling in his black and white grave.

---
the kid's getting old, the kid's getting old

1-05-08 3:33am (new)

Zaster
Wait for it...

Member Rated:

I just like the fact that Barack is an awesome, Klingon-sounding name. Try growling it out with kind of a cut-throat scowl on your face and you'll see what I mean.

"Barack shall lead us! It will be a glorious victory! Other candidates are without honor!"

ect.

---

1-05-08 7:44am (new)

UnknownEric
and the Goblet of Mountain Dew.

Member Rated:

mandingo

I still have my fingers crossed for Bill Richardson. He ain't much, but he's just about the only candidate currently running who doesn't make me wretch in disgust.

---
I has a flavor!

1-05-08 8:05am (new)

BigFrank105
Obsessive Comic Disorder

Member Rated:

I have nothing against the guy, but I hope Obama loses just because I hate the fact that all my fellow college students love and worship him but have no idea why.

1-05-08 7:47pm (new)

crabby
I have an awesome avatar.

Member Rated:

BigFrank105

White guilt is a motherfucker.

1-05-08 9:41pm (new)

Stripcreator » Fights Go Here » I(owa) Heart Huckabee?

reload page with comics

Jump to:

Post A Reply

stripcreator
Make a comic
Your comics
Create account
Forums
Help
comics
Random Comic
Comic Contests