Important notice about the future of Stripcreator (Updated: May 2nd, 2023)

stripcreator forums
Jump to:

Stripcreator » Fights Go Here » An Interview with Bunnerabb

Author

bunnerabb
Some bloke.

Member Rated:

IV: "So, bunner... thanks for taking the time to do this interview."

bunnerabb: "Yeah, sure. I got some time to kill."

IV: "So, you're planning on posting one of those 'I'm leaving Stripcreator' threads in the forums?"

bunnerabb: "Not really. I think this interview will take care of that for me."

IV: "You realise you'll just be back in a week, don't you?"

bunnerabb: "If you say so."

IV: "Care to talk about the reasons for your 'leaving'"?

bunnerabb: "Fire away, Lois."

IV: "I was hoping you could just outline a few specific reasons, and that we could go from there."

bunnerabb: "Sure... why not? There are no 'specific reasons', with or without the quotemarks. It's just that alot of the people who were once regular forum users and #stripcreator chat users have pretty much faded away, and now I know why."

IV: "Well, like who? And why did they leave, in your opinion?"

bunnerabb: "People like DexX, Gabe, LadyJdotnet... others who actually posted interesting things, could carry on a discussion somewhere above the pre-school level. They've moved on because there really isn't a whole lot going on above the pre-school level in those areas, anymore. My only mistake was sticking around after I saw it just degenerate into another online cesspoool of trolls, mouthy fuckwits and the usual internet ilk. I mean, boo is still around, but frankly, I don't know why. God bless him"

IV: "So, the level of behaviour on IRC and the forums just isn't up to your high and mighty standards, eh?"

bunnerabb: "Nope."

IV: "Well what did you expect? Most of the internet is just bored kids who love nothing more than winding somebody up. Looks to me like you can't take a joke. I mean, didn't you do the same thing, in one form or another, when you were a kid?"

bunnerabb: "I don't really expect anything. This site just started out as one thing and then de-evolved into another, in my opinion. I'm not looking for anybody to agree with me. As far as being able to take a joke; I don't think acting like a fucking jerk is terribly funny, and no, I didn't when I was a kid, either. If that makes me different, then 'yay for different.' By the way, I fucked your ugly warthog of a daughter up the ass last night while she screamed your name. She kept yelling 'HARDER, MOMMY!' Care to comment on that?"

IV: "What the... what did you say? What the FUCK prompted that?"

bunnerabb: "That was a joke, see? Pretty funny, huh? You're not insulted, are you? I mean...you can take a joke, can't you?"

IV: "I see. Point taken."

bunnerabb: "See, shit like that gets pretty old, day after day... over and over... I have no problem with you or anybody else defending it, I just think it's the first and last resort of droolers whose greatest epiphany, so far, is to have come to the realisation that they can act like jerks on the internet and not get the shit slapped out of them. That's a pretty limited lifestyle, for my money."

IV: "So you're letting them push you away from the forums and #stripcreator chat? Sounds like you're letting them win, to me."

bunnerabb: "Win what? It's just a website. It's on when the server is on and the people who use it, use it. If you want to see it as some sort of battle lost, I don't mind. Score one for the morons. Yay."

IV: "So when you 'leave the forums and #stripcreator' are you still going to make comics?"

bunnerabb: "Actually, yeah. The whole reason I fell in love with this website is that it offered me an opportunity to make comic strips that would actually have a chance of being read. A lot of people that I know personally, and from the internet, actually read my stuff pretty regularly. I'm pretty happy about that."

IV: "A lot of users have made comics about you. None of them very flattering."

bunnerabb: "They sure have. And about other users, too. They seem me to be pretty limited as comic strip writers, but so what? That's just my opinion. If you need to rip on somebody to fill up your comics page, that's your thing. I'm not about that and I'm good with that."

IV: "Do you actually think anybody gives a shit if you walk away from the forums or the irc channel?"

bunnerabb: "It would astound to me to discover that they did. (Laughs)

IV: "So why this interview?"

bunnerabb: "It's, bacially, just in case any of the people I do chat with who use SC wonder where I went."

IV: "Are you sure you're not just fishing for friends to come to your side and say 'Oh, please! Bunner! don't go!'?"

bunnerabb: "I guess that will become self-evident, should that be the case."

IV: "What do you think of the fact that a lot of sc.com newbies will be happy to see you go?"

bunnerabb: "I don't."

IV: "So, can we expect a volley of comics about this?"

bunnerabb: "My comics are what they are. I never sit down with a big game plan. I just open the .php make page and try and get funny."

IV: "Well, it will be very amusing to see how you respond to this thread."

bunnerabb: "I don't plan to."

IV: "So, you're leaving, huh? Are you still going to donate to the site?

bunnerabb: As long as I use the comic creation engine and the bandwidth necessary to make them and have them read, yeah. I'll still donate."

IV: "This all sort of seems like some sort of ploy to get attention to me."

bunnerabb: "Now you know how I feel about the forums and the irc chat app. (Smiles)

IV: "Anything you want to add?"

bunnerabb: "Nope."

IV: "Well thank you so much for you valuable time."

bunnerabb: "It is to me, babe. It is to me."

---
I wanted my half in the middle and I wound up on the edge.

12-13-03 8:06am (new)
quote : comics : pm : info

kramer_vs_kramer
Stripcreator Newbie

Member Rated:

It's a shame that Bunner's leaving, and also a shame that his reasons for leaving are pretty spot on.

12-13-03 8:46am (new)

little_kitty
I bop, you bop, a-they bop.

Member Rated:

It is sad that Bunner's leaving... Now I'm going to go all "My daddy's gone!" crazy... get tattoo's... facial piercings...

---
Okay, Lindsay, are you forgetting that I was a professional twice over - an analyst and a therapist. The world's first analrapist.

12-13-03 9:42am (new)

Ewwwww
Dickmouth.

Member Rated:

Its also a shame he is ditching plenty of intellectuals such as:

Choobychooby
Trippingbillee
Choadwarrior
Chi_The_Cynic
Brad
Kaufman
And many others.

The people above and I have all had very interesting chats about Books, Music, and Random things. And I can assure you none of them involved the word Wangs. But I respect whatever you decide to do, because your awesome.

See you later then, Bunner.

PS: Im still gonna name my son Bunner.

(>_<)

---
"No obscene images." I guess I'll just have to settle for saying cocksucker a lot.

12-13-03 10:21am (new)

JrnymnNate
I fling the shoddy polo stick

Member Rated:

IV: Do you agree with what bunner said? How the forums and chat are no more than a toddlers sandbox now?

Nate: Absolutly.

IV: How do you feel about Bunner "leaving"?

Nate: It can only get worse now. Please stay!

12-13-03 11:07am (new)

KatClock
Pink Donkey Wrangler

Member Rated:

IV: Do you want Bunner to go?

KatClock: No. He's pretty cool. And he has a point.

IV: You do realize you're a SC noob who's talking to an imaginary interviewer, right?

KatClock: You're right. I still haven't blammed Strawberry Clock's entrys on NG. Laterz.

IV: You do that...nerd.

---
*chews on jes's sig* *** jools changed topic to "AND LIKED IT!"

12-13-03 11:26am (new)

pita
La fille qui a joué avec le feu

Member Rated:

I've seen this coming for a long time now...

Bunner's the one who introduced me to this site, and he's right - it's basically become juvenile and disgusting. It saddens me to log on almost daily only to see childish filth in the forums rather than the good conversations we used to enjoy.

I still watch for comedic genius, Kaufman and Bunner mostly. I miss DexX here terribly, and rarely see Obi, Gabe, LadyJ or Wirthling here any more.

Brad, of course, is a genius as well as the above mentioned - only sans comics.

Bunner, I love you and support whatever decisions you make. Yes, you are awesome. I, too, plan on continuing to make comics (however bad) and donating, but haven't been posting very much for the same reasons.

---
“It is only with the heart that one sees rightly; what is essential is invisible to the eye.” - The Little Prince by Antoine de Saint-Exupéry (1945)

12-13-03 11:56am (new)

KajunFirefly
chooby digital (in stereo)

Member Rated:

Goodbye bunner. I apologise for not being more entertaining.

---
Dad was flammable

12-13-03 12:06pm (new)

Inflatable_Man
Heart stopper. Hip hopper. Pill popper.

Member Rated:

I think you're overreacting, bunner. I still like you and I still like dcom. However, if you want to leave that's your decision and I won't try and stop you.

---
Destroying my reputation one post at a time.

12-13-03 12:12pm (new)

Rabid_Weasle
Professional style cramper

Member Rated:

If you hadn't been an ass about it, I might have cared that you were leaving.

---
Poop.

12-13-03 1:32pm (new)

Spankling
Looking for love in ALL the wrong places, baby!

Member Rated:

quote:
I've seen this coming for a long time now...

Bunner's the one who introduced me to this site, and he's right - it's basically become juvenile and disgusting.

... sorry.

---
"Jelly-belly gigglin, dancin and a-wigglin, honey that's the way I am!" Janice the Muppet

12-13-03 1:39pm (new)

niteowl
Level 1 Forum Troll

Member Rated:

I agree completely. At least we'll still have good comics to read.

---
Think classy, you'll be classy.

12-13-03 1:54pm (new)

dcomposed
C3H5N3O9

Member Rated:

TEH WIN!

---
Batman created by Bob Kane

12-13-03 5:51pm (new)

MaKK_BeNN
VOTE JEB BUSH 2008

Member Rated:

This means dcom has won the argument.

---
Vote Jeb Bush 2008

12-13-03 5:56pm (new)

dcomposed
C3H5N3O9

Member Rated:

And bunner sure proved that he doesn't care about anyone else. By LEAVING BECAUSE OF THEM!!

---
Batman created by Bob Kane

12-13-03 6:16pm (new)

MaKK_BeNN
VOTE JEB BUSH 2008

Member Rated:

Here lies bunnerabb

---
Vote Jeb Bush 2008

12-13-03 6:20pm (new)

Drexle
Your Cure for Lameness

Member Rated:

Bunner's the whole reason I started getting involved in the forums to begin with. Kinda sad, this.

12-13-03 7:18pm (new)

KajunFirefly
chooby digital (in stereo)

Member Rated:

Bollocks. I enjoy this site and take anyone insulting it quite seriously. Bye bye.

---
Dad was flammable

12-13-03 8:06pm (new)

MikeyG
Shoots the shit and often misses

Member Rated:

Bunner, you fuck! Listen, buddy. I LOVE you, and I LOVE the back-up and input you put in when it comes to the political discussions. But I am ALSO quite juvenile. I consider it a beautiful thing that no matter how old I get, my sense of humor can still wallow in the recesses of juvenility. It keeps me young, and quite honestly, funny. I understand why what was said to you would upset you, and it would upset me if some stranger on the street said something like that to me. But hey, in a world where Dice was popular and Howard Stern is a comedic genius, cut some internet kid a li'l slack and keep on keepin' on for the people who like you here. Like me. Stay here or I'll chew one of your limbs off.

---
The giant three-phallused phallus of Uzbekistan will one day squirt the cosmic jizz of revenge all over Canada.

12-13-03 8:28pm (new)

DragonXero
I'm Here, You're Queer, Get Used to it

Member Rated:

Bunner, do I need to remind you that I have hay hooks and lots of rope?

Take that as you may, but let's just say that staying here would be far less painful for you. And us.

Stay, you bastard!

---
Do you want ants? Because that's how you get ants.

12-13-03 9:09pm (new)

not_Scyess
not laughing with you

Member Rated:

Not once... NOT ONCE... did anyone mention my name as a worthy interlocutor. You all rape aardvarks.

As for bunner... it's a shame to see you go (even if you didn't bother to mention my name - anywhere). However, for someone whose main jist was "Let this site do what it wants, I don't care," you sure did write about 4 kajillion words announcing it, didn't you?

Imagine if you did care! There wouldn't be enough bandwidth to hold the message.

---
peddling the funny around since 09/24/2002

12-14-03 1:19am (new)

ObiJo
Eamus Catuli

Member Rated:

quote:
Not once... NOT ONCE... did anyone mention my name as a worthy interlocutor. You all rape aardvarks.

You and I are equally self-absorbed, my friend. Pita's mentioning me is the only thing that got me to take the butterknife away from my jugular.

As for bunner's reason for leaving, I'm kind of of a split mind. On one hand, I do see a lot of posts that are attention-getting and they do get old after awhile. On the other hand, isn't that really to be expected from a comic-making site? I mean aren't the motivations of using such a great site as this really three-fold? One, be able to express yourself. Two, make people laugh. Three, get feedback.

Feedback being such an important part, is it any wonder that comic-makers are then often-times seeking attention in the forums? It seems a natural outcropping of the underlying motivations that started us trying to make people laugh in the first place.

---
I ate a hooker half a bottle of knife.

12-14-03 6:05am (new)

DexX
What the Cat Dragged In

Member Rated:

I think it's pretty obvious what's going on here...

BUNNERABB IS SADDAM HUSSEIN!!!

---
This signature has performed an illegal operation and has been shut down.

12-14-03 9:37am (new)

boinky33
I'm with stupid ^

Member Rated:

quote:
I think it's pretty obvious what's going on here...

BUNNERABB IS SADDAM HUSSEIN!!!

And you are?

12-14-03 12:46pm (new)

Rabid_Weasle
Professional style cramper

Member Rated:

Osama.

---
Poop.

12-14-03 2:16pm (new)