Important notice about the future of Stripcreator (Updated: May 2nd, 2023)

stripcreator forums
Jump to:

Stripcreator » System Notices » Recent comics by favorites

Author

Brad
Feature Creep

Member Rated:

If you're logged in, a donor, and you have some favorite users marked, you should see a list of "recent comics by favorites" where the "recent comics by donors" list was. Still working on it, let me know how it works for you.

---
www.bradsucks.net

11-29-06 9:33pm (new)
quote : comics : pm : info

Injokester
Definitely drunk

Member Rated:

Any chance this could be an optional feature?

It seems to be working fine, but I can't say I'm a fan.

---
Dinosaurs had eggs bro, the chicken came way later.

11-29-06 9:38pm (new)

Brad
Feature Creep

Member Rated:

Sure, it could be optional. What don't you like about it? I thought people would rather see a list of comics from users they marked as favorites rather than whoever donated to the site.

---
www.bradsucks.net

11-29-06 9:41pm (new)

christopher7murphy
underestimated the power of cheese

Member Rated:

I preferred the old way. It was already optional.

I could click on my favorites anytime I wanted. Now I have no opportunity to find creators that are new, and could be added to the favorites.

sorry...but still love the site! Thanks for the hard work, Brad!

---
Insert Theme to Mannix here

11-29-06 9:46pm (new)

Injokester
Definitely drunk

Member Rated:

I just like seeing what people are doing, and I tend to read comics if they have an interesting title on the homepage more than anything else.

Also I like to check out new donors when they crop up (the batting average for funny members is a whole lot better among donors).

Sure I could delete all the listings from my favourites list, but I like giving kudos to fellow users.

---
Dinosaurs had eggs bro, the chicken came way later.

11-29-06 9:47pm (new)

crabby
I have an awesome avatar.

Member Rated:

I don't actually read anyone elses comics, so it doesn't affect me at all.

Way to go Bard!

11-29-06 9:57pm (new)

choadwarrior
Crash Magnet

Member Rated:

Since I RSS many of my favorites, I automatically check for them daily. This would be a cool feature perhaps on the right side of the page, perhaps where the site news is, or between donors and non-donors. I'm with the injokester and murphy above--i read a lot of the donor comics, even if they aren't in my favorites, and I like to discover new users among the recently-donated.

11-29-06 10:00pm (new)

Brad
Feature Creep

Member Rated:

Since nobody seems to like it, I've switched it back. You can see what it'd look like here:

http://www.stripcreator.com/?favorites=1

---
www.bradsucks.net

11-29-06 11:36pm (new)

TheGovernor
Talentless Hack

Member Rated:

Building upon where I think choad is thinking,  an RSS feed of your favourites would be good.

11-30-06 1:19am (new)

not_Scyess
not laughing with you

Member Rated:

I like the recent comics by favorites, although I'd rather see it replace the comics by non-Donors rather than the comics by donors.  Who care about non-donors, anyway?

---
peddling the funny around since 09/24/2002

11-30-06 6:54am (new)

attitudechicka
is never bored.

Member Rated:

not_Scyess

That's exactly what I was thinking. Non donors wouldn't have access to this feature anyway, so they'd still be able to see when they made 10 comics in a row and dominated the non donor section. I never flip through the non donor section on the front page because I'm afraid of what the comic might actually contain - some inside joke about a game I've never played or a forum I've never visited. Non donors make me feel left out.

---
Mediocrity at its most average.

11-30-06 7:11am (new)

HCRoyall
100mg Thorazine, Please

Member Rated:

not_ScyessI agree with this as well. Besides, non-donors that want their comics to be seen and rated use the RMDC forum. I think I've checked the non-donor list two or three times in the entire time since I've been here, and all the non-donors I've rated were those who posted in RMDC or who I happened upon while hitting the random comic link.

---
It was such a waste of everyone’s time and money that even the Tokyo stadium’s rape robots apologized– something they were programmed specifically never to do.

11-30-06 9:39am (new)

LuckyGuess
hm

Member Rated:

HCRoyallI agree with this as well. Besides, non-donors that want their comics to be seen and rated use the RMDC forum. I think I've checked the non-donor list two or three times in the entire time since I've been here, and all the non-donors I've rated were those who posted in RMDC or who I happened upon while hitting the random comic link.

Third'd. I never read the non-doners section anymore. I guess you could just make it a donor only feature, maybe one that could be flipped on an off in settings or something.

---
the kid's getting old, the kid's getting old

11-30-06 9:58am (new)

Xuanwu
The Professor

Member Rated:

I agree: replace non-donors with favorites. If someone wants to be noticed, they should give money. Non-donors are all figments of our imagination, anyway.

11-30-06 11:19am (new)

Brad
Feature Creep

Member Rated:

Sounds like a good idea. Another option though would be to ditch the non-donor box and extend the donor one the full page. I could also hilight comics from your favorites and then offer RSS feeds and/or another page of just your favorites. What do you think of that?

(Thanks for all the feedback.)

---
www.bradsucks.net

11-30-06 2:09pm (new)

LuckyGuess
hm

Member Rated:

Brad

A favorites RSS would be a delight. Then I can have all 200 million of my favorites RSS feeds in one convenient feed.

---

11-30-06 2:11pm (new)

attitudechicka
is never bored.

Member Rated:

Brad

I like the highlighted favorites idea. That sounds superific.

---
Mediocrity at its most average.

11-30-06 4:54pm (new)

choadwarrior
Crash Magnet

Member Rated:

I rarely read the non-donors section, but I'm not sure ditching it is the best idea. Having that tiny bit of recognition is cool when you're new, and it keeps people coming back. How about this:

• Last 20 by Donors
  • Last 10 by Favorites
  • Last 10 by Non-Donors

Like I said, I already RSS many of my can't-miss-a-single-comic favorites, so I'm not missing a thing by not seeing them on the front page.

11-30-06 6:04pm (new)

Brad
Feature Creep

Member Rated:

Okay now anyone who's logged in should see comics by their favorite users hilighted on the front page.

---
www.bradsucks.net

11-30-06 7:19pm (new)

LuckyGuess
hm

Member Rated:

All I'm seeing is a brighter white background for my favorites, which is hard to notice. Is there supposed to be colors, or could you implicate a color system where the highlight is different?

---

11-30-06 8:28pm (new)

biped
Mr. Wonderful

Member Rated:

I wasn't seeing anything either at first, but now the favorites are highlighted in yellow.

---
Legend, oh legend, the third wheel legend...always in the way.

11-30-06 9:02pm (new)

LuckyGuess
hm

Member Rated:

Yeah, ctrl refresh solved it. This is cool beans.

---

11-30-06 9:51pm (new)

Spankling
Looking for love in ALL the wrong places, baby!

Member Rated:

I haven't been around much lately. Brad, you been busy! This site been growing up in the looks and features!

---
"Jelly-belly gigglin, dancin and a-wigglin, honey that's the way I am!" Janice the Muppet

11-30-06 10:14pm (new)

Stripcreator » System Notices » Recent comics by favorites

reload page with comics

Jump to:

Post A Reply

stripcreator
Make a comic
Your comics
Create account
Forums
Help