Important notice about the future of Stripcreator (Updated: May 2nd, 2023)

stripcreator forums
Jump to:

Stripcreator » Regarding Stripcreator » For Newbies To Creating Comics.

Author

None_Exist
Stripcreator Newbie

Member Rated:

For those people who are new to creating comics, like me, is there a "best practices" or FAQ page for people new to creating comics using this website or on the Wiki page?

For example, here's my first question. In the "Make a Comic" panel (http://www.stripcreator.com/make.php), is the "Title" the name of that single comic strip you are creating at that particular moment or is the "Title" the name of your entire comic strip series?

3-24-12 3:16pm (new)
quote : comics : pm : info

choadwarrior
Crash Magnet

Member Rated:

You've probably figured it out by now, but the title is the title of the strip you are working on.  

There really isn't a series title.  What some people do is name each strip with the same title or variations on the same title if they're creating a themed series of strips.

Another option, since you're a donor, is to create a set (although the option to add comics to sets has been broken for a couple weeks).  When Brad fixes it, you'll just click on the "Create a Set" link under a comic and add strips to it.  Then, all your comics in that set are grouped together with a title and description above them.  Biped is the king of the comic sets around here.  To see what one looks like, check out any of them listed on his info page, or this recent gem.

3-24-12 8:46pm (new)

choadwarrior
Crash Magnet

Member Rated:

Oh, and welcome to stripcreator.  We'll all pray for you.

3-24-12 8:47pm (new)

LuckyGuess
hm

Member Rated:

"Oh, and if it'd your first time at stripcreator, you have to strip."

---
the kid's getting old, the kid's getting old

3-24-12 10:11pm (new)

Injokester
Definitely drunk

Member Rated:

This may help: http://www.stripcreator.com/forums/showthread.php?postnum=248698

You seem to have a pretty good handle on it though, and while you've got some background looping going on the subject matter sort of needs the extra text.

Sort of like this strip I never made:

Christians are responsible for the thousand years where technology couldn't advance, known as the dark ages. So every time a child dies of cancer because we're still years from a cure, thanks Christians. Ever wondered what our environment would be like if we had the current level of technology but with he population as it was a thousand years ago? Thanks Christians. Yep, overpopulation, starvation, the greenhouse effect, peak oil, pretty much all thanks to the Christians. Now, can I prove that the Christians will be responsible for the ultimate extermination of the human race through nuclear oblivion resulting from the chaos of an overpopulated world burning through all of its fossil fuels? Nope, no more than they can prove even one of their ridiculous and idiotic beliefs. But as my nan always used to say; 'When it comes to the extinction of the of the entire human race - don't fuck around, just in case'. Of course modern Christians aren't responsible for the dark ages, that was the olden day Christians. Actually I can't blame all of them, some of them were just average everyday bastards corrupt with power. Nope, really you can only blame the 99% who just blindly followed those guys because their belief system prevented them from using their brains. Sound familiar? It should do. Let's try a recent example, from 1939. On one side you have the Jews. On the other the Germans. Natural enemies? Hmm... smells a little fishy to me. Oh wait, my bad, Hitler was a Christian. Let's try a different example; every single Christian from the dawn of time to the end of days that insists on brainwashing their children into a culture where they can be controlled by a few sick bastards. And not the biblical end of days, I mean the real, actual, could happen, nuclear apocalypse EVERY FUCKING CHRISTIAN IS RESPONSIBLE FOR. So put that in your pipe and go fuck yourselves.

Ladies and gentlemen you're the audience and I've been fantastic. Goodnight!

---
Dinosaurs had eggs bro, the chicken came way later.

3-27-12 5:50am (new)

Injokester
Definitely drunk

Member Rated:

Oooh, and I just thought of the Larsonesque caption I always wanted to put under that single panel bad-boy;

"Ironically the only place kind enough to let Bob practice his stand up comedy was the Christian Youth Centre."

---
Dinosaurs had eggs bro, the chicken came way later.

3-27-12 5:54am (new)

evil_d
Riding through your town with his head on fire

Member Rated:

And after you've absorbed the information in that thread, move on to this one:

http://www.stripcreator.com/forums/showthread.php?postnum=268436

---
The what mentioned above is total fiction. Please don't take it seriously!

3-27-12 8:09am (new)

Stripcreator » Regarding Stripcreator » For Newbies To Creating Comics.

reload page with comics

Jump to:

Post A Reply

stripcreator
Make a comic
Your comics
Create account
Forums
Help
comics
Random Comic
Comic Contests