Important notice about the future of Stripcreator (Updated: May 2nd, 2023)

stripcreator forums
Jump to:

Stripcreator » Comic Competitions » CC 370 (divided by 10)

Author

edoggydog
Comic Overlord

Member Rated:

Most of my ideas for CC's have gone over like a lead balloon.  So, I decided to take the number of this CC (370) and divide it by 10, which gave me 37,  (use a calculator if you don't believe me)  and base this comic contest on CC 37. 

Here are the rules:

1) there must be three different characters

2) there must be two different backgrounds

3) only one panel can have dialogue

There's no specific theme, however, there is major bonus points if you can work the phrase "throat herpes" into the dialogue.

Judging when deemed proper.

Have fun!

11-19-12 11:16pm (new)
quote : comics : pm : info

ragu4u
Because being DISGUSTING just isn't enough!

Member Rated:

CC: 370 "Darwinism" by ragu4u
11-20-12
Yo, bitch! How much?
Now THAT sounds like "natural selection"!

11-20-12 7:19am (new)

mandingo
weak stream

Member Rated:

anyone coming to the site looking at the last three comic contest numbers is going to assume we're retarded

---
what if nigger meant kite

11-20-12 8:26pm (new)

ragu4u

Member Rated:

Ya mean we're NOT?

11-21-12 7:58am (new)

RandomComicLayoutGuy
Obsessive Comic Disorder

Member Rated:

what's even most retarded is a comic contest with only one entry

11-21-12 5:04pm (new)

mandingo
weak stream

Member Rated:

ragu4u wrote:

Ya mean we're NOT?

i don't think we'd know, would we? we'd just have to look for little clues like bibs and bike helmets

---

11-21-12 6:45pm (new)

brycekain
AFallenMind.com

Member Rated:

Can I call this one gaaaaaaaaaaaay, now? Please?

---
...and if you liked that one, here's a link to my other stupid shit.

11-22-12 11:06am (new)

edoggydog
Comic Overlord

Member Rated:

brycekain wrote:

Can I call this one gaaaaaaaaaaaay, now? Please?

Not yet.  Be patient.

11-22-12 11:26am (new)

brycekain
AFallenMind.com

Member Rated:

edoggydog wrote:

Not yet.  Be patient.

---

11-22-12 5:29pm (new)

edoggydog
Comic Overlord

Member Rated:

Boy...  Ever feel like people don't like you?  Well, I'm not ready to judge this yet.  Wouldn't be proper. 

11-23-12 10:21pm (new)

edoggydog
Comic Overlord

Member Rated:

Well, after being basically ignored on this CC, I've had to take a long, hard look at myself and do self deep, self-reflection as to why I'm apparently not well liked on this website.  I mean, I know it was a holiday weekend, but only one entry in a week?  Maybe, I come off arrogant?  Maybe, my jokes are to biting?  Too self-centered?  What is it?  I've spent the last three days pondering this.  And, know what I came up with?  I DON'T GIVE A RAT'S ASS!!  Some people have been bagging on my comics since day one, and that's okay.  Opinions are like assholes...  Or is that assholes have opinions?  Whatever...  Not going to stop me from creating comics nor enter said comic into CCs.  And, if I win another contest and no one enters into my CC, then see above comments about rats' asses.

Oh, ragu4u is the winner!

YAY!

Take it away!

11-26-12 7:02pm (new)

ragu4u

Member Rated:

Let me say THIS about THAT!  "A win isn't a true win unless competition is involved."  I had ZERO competition, therefore, I cannot accept this great honor of "WINNER".  Ergo, I will not be making the next CC entry.  I, too, have noticed what seems to be a lack of participation of entrants.  Maybe we're not making the contests imaginative enough but I agree with "edoggydog".  I make my comics because "I" think they might be considered funny by someone....NOT everyone.  I will continue to make strips until my account is closed, which I hope never happens.  But I'm sure there are others that DO! 

11-28-12 8:40am (new)

ZMannZilla
Ex-Zombie Hunting Dad Creature

Member Rated:

It helps if you come up with CC rules that inspire humor, instead of hindering it.  The best CCs are topic driven, or just have some simple requirements to add a challenge.  This CC basically says "try to make a funny comic within this incredibly narrow and limiting set of rules, I dare you".

Seriously, I tried like 5 times to come up with something using your rules.  None of my results were something I even remotely considered funny.

---
"He was cursed with a horrorshow of a face, like Guiseppe Archbold doing a study of mollusk tumors."

11-28-12 3:13pm (new)

evil_d
Riding through your town with his head on fire

Member Rated:

Edoggydog -- I'll be straight with you: I don't think you're arrogant, and I'm not sure there's such a thing as "too biting" when it comes to humor.  But I don't think you're very funny.  Other than that I don't have anything against you.

Sorry the contest was a flop.  Not every idea can be great.  But there's no need to take it personally.  I've never known anybody to stay out of a comic contest just because they didn't like the judge.

Ragu, I think you should accept the win anyway and not worry about it.  As the saying goes, eighty percent of success is showing up.

If a couple of days pass without ragu starting a contest or edoggydog naming another winner, I'll consider it an exercise of my moderator powers to start the next contest.  I think I have a decent idea this time.

---
The what mentioned above is total fiction. Please don't take it seriously!

11-28-12 7:10pm (new)

edoggydog
Comic Overlord

Member Rated:

evil_d wrote:

Edoggydog -- I'll be straight with you: I don't think you're arrogant, and I'm not sure there's such a thing as "too biting" when it comes to humor.  But I don't think you're very funny.  Other than that I don't have anything against you.

Sorry the contest was a flop.  Not every idea can be great.  But there's no need to take it personally.  I've never known anybody to stay out of a comic contest just because they didn't like the judge.

Ragu, I think you should accept the win anyway and not worry about it.  As the saying goes, eighty percent of success is showing up.

If a couple of days pass without ragu starting a contest or edoggydog naming another winner, I'll consider it an exercise of my moderator powers to start the next contest.  I think I have a decent idea this time.

I appreciate the feedback.  However, if you look at some of the comments in my previous CC, and some of the scathing remarks I've gotten on my comics, tells me that there is something personal going on.  But, I don't care. 

BTW...  I find your comics amusing.

11-28-12 7:23pm (new)

evil_d

Member Rated:

edoggydog

Maybe so.  In that case, you're right to just ignore it.

---

11-28-12 8:02pm (new)

mandingo
weak stream

Member Rated:

i think the number of peeps visiting the site has just been waning lately. if you look at the previous contest, not counting edoggydog's comics (as he can't enter this his own contest, and he's usually a major contributor) there were only four entries, so i wouldn't take it personally. i resisted saying that for a few days as i kind of wish it was personal. the other alternative is that my favorite site is slowing to a crawl and that depresses the poopsmith out of me

---

11-28-12 10:59pm (new)

brycekain
AFallenMind.com

Member Rated:

I've run a few contests where one, maybe two people entered. The last one I ran was a total flop, and I think I made it pretty easy for everyone, subject & rule-wise. I've also run contests where a shit ton of people entered. It happens, man.

I wanted to enter cc370 several times, but every time I tried making something it just failed to be funny. Or I ran out of ideas. So nothing was entered. It had nothing to do with anyone on a personal level. 

---

11-29-12 6:32am (new)

evil_d

Member Rated:

mandingo

I don't know that we advertise, like, at all.  It's possible we should think about that.  Not that anybody is getting rich off of Stripcreator, but a slightly larger userbase couldn't hurt.

---

11-29-12 8:17am (new)

HCRoyall
100mg Thorazine, Please

Member Rated:

I'll be honest: I just couldn't think of anything funny I could do with the rules.  That's the way it's been with most every conest I haven't participated in.  And then there have been conests I started where I thought I came up with a clever theme to the contest and nobody really got it or it barely attracted any entries, so I would say to not take it so hard and just accept that this was not to be.

---
It was such a waste of everyone’s time and money that even the Tokyo stadium’s rape robots apologized– something they were programmed specifically never to do.

11-29-12 9:05am (new)

Stripcreator » Comic Competitions » CC 370 (divided by 10)

reload page with comics

Jump to:

Post A Reply

stripcreator
Make a comic
Your comics
Create account
Forums
Help
comics
Random Comic
Comic Contests