Important notice about the future of Stripcreator (Updated: May 2nd, 2023)

stripcreator forums
Jump to:

Stripcreator » General Discussion » The Halcyon Days

Author

crabby
I have an awesome avatar.

Member Rated:

I miss the good old days around here. My account is going to turn 14 this year. That is a whole lot of Internet time. I was 17 nearly 18 when I first found this place. It had a forum with enough active accounts to be bsuy. It had really fun comic contests. All the users had things to say and they shared things. Things were collaborated on. This was still in the day of messengers and what not, I talked to JesusSandwich all night on AIM. I saw Kitty's tits in an IRC room with Kajun late one night. I spent days talking to these people.

Then one day it was all over. People stopped coming around. Slowly, but surely everyone drifted off. I keep in contact with one person from this site still. I haven't spoken to Choad in close to three years. It's insane to think. This is the only real place on the internet I ever had like this. I tried to play bizarre games and keep it interesting for as long as I could. It's sad, but it's over. 

I'll always love you StripCreator. You were my first real love affair with the internet. I cherish those crazy chatroom times. I went through a lot of with a lot of you people. It really blows my mind to think back on it. It all seems so long ago. 

1-15-15 1:03pm (new)
quote : comics : pm : info

four_legged_tripod
Do what to who for how many jellybeans?

Member Rated:

I have to say that I was late to the party. Wish I would have found this site sooner.

---
"Humiliation is humiliation only when you choose to suffer." ~ Chuck Palahniuk, Choke

1-15-15 1:41pm (new)

crabby

Member Rated:

Yeah, it says you signed up in 2009. The best days were way past us by then. The official death was when boorite and ivy lost their minds. They were chat room bullies. They thought this entire site revolved around them. Boorite was such a self absorbed recovering alcoholic that he could never understand that the site did not revolve around them. I have no proof, but I would not be surprised if one of them murdered the other. Most likely Boorite murdering Ivy. Sad stuff.

That would have been around 2007ish. And even by that time the wheels had been coming off. Kajun was long gone from being a regular. The chatroom was still decent. We had some fun iSketch games. Those were the days. You could count on Chicka and Gabe and knkx and a bunch of other weirdos. 

By 2009 I would say that it was pretty much dead. Not dead in the way it is now, but it was getting there. 

I love coming back to read my old comics, see the mind state I was in. See the inside jokes I had written in them, the secrets digs at things from my personal life. I'm very grateful to have such an intimate view into my creative mind. Thanks StripCreator. You will always be like the best friend I jsut lost contact with. 

1-16-15 8:10am (new)

choadwarrior
Crash Magnet

Member Rated:

I love you too, Crabby.

1-17-15 1:08am (new)

brycekain
AFallenMind.com

Member Rated:

crabby

I talked to Ivy sometime last year and I think she's still married to the Boorite dude. Not sure what they do these days, but I think they've got a family now or something. I'm too stoned to remember at the moment.

crabby

I think I discovered Strip Creator around the middle of the "big boom" of SC. I'm sure it was better before I discovered this site, but still those times were awesome. So much participation we could run a Comic Cup competition and there were countless entries. Almost all contests were full of entries. The CD swap thing was still going on (there were plenty of people who loved doing it) and the Photoshop Valley was kickin'. I do miss those days. I was very sad when I came back to SC after a long hiatus and found that the site wasn't as booming. '

Strip Creator is an awesome webpage. One of the rare few I visit on a daily basis. It helps me when I'm stressed out. It helps me vent. And it puts a smile on my face most days. I have to say, in all it's simplicity (look-wise), this page is one of the best on the net. I'm glad it's still around.

---
...and if you liked that one, here's a link to my other stupid shit.

1-18-15 3:56pm (new)

crabby

Member Rated:

It says you signed up in 2010. That would be way after the "Big Boom." Way way way after the "Big Boom." It wasn't the barren wasteland it is today, but it was a long ways from the boom. Gabe wasn't even a fire man yet. 

1-19-15 10:28am (new)

xxausrottenxx
Sock of the walk

Member Rated:

Ah stripcreator. The main reason I took computer lab in high school. I'm glad to see some familiar faces 12 years later. Also, hi crabby ;)

---
xx( o Y o. )xx

1-19-15 1:33pm (new)

TheGovernor
Talentless Hack

Member Rated:

I maintain the theory that this website and its participants are just a figment of my imagination, and that my imagination has been fairly lazy of late.

1-20-15 2:18am (new)

cpausti
The Nordic Soulman

Member Rated:

I seriously just had this thought yesterday. I fucking miss this place. My account turns 10 in March. I was a 15 year old punk when I started, I can't believe how long it has been and how much has happened since.

I made four comics just now, and I hope to continue to come back at least a couple times a week. I had my best friend help me a bit with my new comics, hopefully he was inspired to create his own account. I'd love for this place to pick up again.

So, what the hell happened with boorite and ivy? Last I remember they were together, but I don't remember any bullying. Fill me in, eh?

---
all the wrong things for all the right reasons

1-20-15 4:35am (new)

evil_d
Riding through your town with his head on fire

Member Rated:

I've been on Stripcreator for longer than any other web site, but I was absent during the boorite & ivy drama so I don't really know the whole story.  I guess they turned out to be jerks?  But let's be honest, a lot of the people here have been (or are) jerks.  Boorite & ivy made funny comics and I'm sorry they're not still making comics here.  That's the extent of my opinions about it.

For me the "halcyon days" of Stripcreator were back at the beginning.  I miss people like Gabe and wirthling.  There was a time when the majority of the comics I wrote were in-jokes with that early group.  (Not saying that's a good thing, just the way it was.)

I went to a few in-person SC meetups in my area.  DexX visited the US and stayed at kaufman's house for a while.  I went there to meet them and kaufman introduced us to a board game called Blokus.  I think he said he had been a tester for it, or gotten an advance copy, or something.  It was a great game, so I bought my own copy.  This past weekend I had some friends over to play board games, and we got out my copy of Blokus for their young children to play with.

I participated in, I think, four CD swaps.  I'm still listening to some of the bands they introduced me to.  Last week while I was cleaning I found some printed notes from little_kitty's and jes_lawson's.  Dcomposed sent two discs and I can't find my copy of the one I liked better anymore.

But I was never very active in the chat.  For me, this site is all about the comics.  My fondest wish for SC would be for all of the people in my "following" list to come back and start writing comics again.

---
The what mentioned above is total fiction. Please don't take it seriously!

1-20-15 9:07am (new)

brycekain
AFallenMind.com

Member Rated:

crabby

I was signed up before as Atheist Diary, before I went in hiatus.

---

1-20-15 2:37pm (new)

brycekain
AFallenMind.com

Member Rated:

evil_d

I still am. It's part of my charm. At least that's the story I'm sticking to.

evil_d

I'd participate in the CD swaps if they occurred again, but I'm skeptical at this point about anyone wanting to rekindle that thing. I'd give away free crap from my band. Once a whore, always a whore. Right, Red Feather? :)

evil_d

Pretty much same here. I even miss the assholes who used to annoy the crap out of me (I won't mention her name, but it's wasn't Ivy.) This thread is starting to turn into one of those moments from Stand By Me. Only less gay and more dead bodies.

---

1-20-15 2:45pm (new)

crabby

Member Rated:

evil_d

Pretty much same here. I even miss the assholes who used to annoy the crap out of me (I won't mention her name, but it's wasn't Ivy.) This thread is starting to turn into one of those moments from Stand By Me. Only less gay and more dead bodies.

Phreaky_Chinchilla? I always thought she was cool. 

And you know what else. I always liked Boorite and Ivy. We did all sorts of crazy shit together. We saved innocent children from that pedophile Kaenash. We played iSketch all the time. We made all sorts of fake accounts together and trolled the shit out of people. It was really fun and we were all great buddies. Then one night you get into an argument casually tell someone to kill themselves (Which was something this person routinely said to other people, but didn't like it being said about themselves) and also call them ugly and all of the sudden you can't be online friends anymore and everyone has to run away. 

Weird stuff. I miss you all though. Great memories. 

1-20-15 3:00pm (new)

evil_d
Riding through your town with his head on fire

Member Rated:

You know, for me, Stripcreator these days is like a dive bar. A bunch of grumpy guys sitting around doing the same thing as usual.  Sedated compared to its heyday.  I like it just fine, but I don't know if I could explain the appeal to an outsider.

Someday a bunch of hipsters are going to start visiting the place "ironically" and I am going to be pretty surly with them.

Like I said, some of the people here are jerks somtimes, but even with the folks I don't like, I feel a certain camaraderie.  So even if we're not best friends, thank you all for being my stripping buddies.

(Hah.  I've been referring to making comics as "stripping" for 14 years, and it hasn't gotten old yet.)

---
The what mentioned above is total fiction. Please don't take it seriously!

1-20-15 7:15pm (new)

crabby

Member Rated:

I've always regretted not getting into the CD swaps. That seemed like a really intimate affair. We used to do things all the time. There was the time Chicka got married, a bunch of people went to that. Gabe is a fire man! Just so many fun people. For me the IRC was a lot to do with it. We had a lot of interaction on there. I aways loved making the comics. I've always appreciated StripCreator for being a great creative outlet. 

Do I regret the way that a lot of it went down? Not really. It was a fun ride. I wouldn't be surprised if down the line somehow someway people just slowly trickled back in. In this day of social media and what not it's probably more possible than ever to reach out and touch old strippers and slowly people would be dragged back in kicking and screaming. Remembering the fun times they had before.

My favorite aliases: 

1. bobby17

2. lildeucecoup

3. cgandthesss

1-21-15 10:40am (new)

brycekain
AFallenMind.com

Member Rated:

crabby

Weirdly I've noticed that some of the "oldies" have started coming back for short stints. Maybe SC will get another boom again of some sort. 

---

1-21-15 3:41pm (new)

crabby

Member Rated:

Contact everyone you can. Let's make this happen. 

1-25-15 3:17pm (new)

UnknownEric
and the Goblet of Mountain Dew.

Member Rated:

Personally, I ran out of funny sometime around 2009 or so, so that's why I've been M.I.A.

Only so many horrible puns to make, you know.

---
I has a flavor!

1-26-15 12:25pm (new)

crabby

Member Rated:

Reach out to your lost strip brothers and sisters. Reach out! Help return them to the congregation of Stripcreator. We need parishoners now more than ever. Urge them to return to the forums. Urge them to return to make 1,2, or 3 panel comic strips. Urge them to return to comic competitions. Urge them to start new CD swaps. Rebuild this community to its former glory. A new day is dawning. We can return this place back to the beacon of hope and laughter it once was. Do your part. Reach out to your friends. Reach out to the lost brothers and sisters. We can and we will return to prominence. 

2-01-15 7:53am (new)

Neo11
Member - Tobor Fan Club

Member Rated:

Not sure what randomly made me think of this site today but decided to swing by. I would like to get back to making some comics, although I don't believe I was ever one of the greats from the past

2-02-15 7:11pm (new)

crabby

Member Rated:

Who do we have to threaten to get s revival going? Contact all your lost stripper friends and let's make this happen. Who's still in touch with Pita? She may be able to fill us in on the whereabouts of bunnerabb. Doesn't Gabe run a fireman website? Let's get his ass in here. I've got BigEvilDan's email address somewhere, hopefully he still uses it. Let's make this happen. Where the hell has Chicka been? She has everyones info. I'm sure knkx is still in the chatroom. Someone go tell him to get his ass in here. I can't connect to the chat which is a shame. I'm sure Kajun _Firefly is doing GREAT! He would love a revival. Kaufman is still kicking around here. Send him PM's. Send him all your PM's. Where the hell is BigFrank? I think I still have the number for his dad's car dealership. I'll see if I can get in touch with him. 

Let's plan for a massive revival where we bring EVERYONE back. How does Smarch 1st work for everybody?

2-04-15 6:25am (new)

crabby

Member Rated:

Kevin Keegan's Perm himself has returned! First new comic since 2012 in the newest comic competition (which I am running by the way. Get your entries in now.) Business is picking up!

Continue reaching out to your stripping peers. Emails, chat services, facebooks, linkdns, xanga's, friendsters, myspace, whatever you use to reach out to old friends from old web sites, do it! 

WE'RE GETTING THE BAND BACK TOGETHER!!!!

2-05-15 5:42am (new)

kaufman
Director of Cats

Member Rated:

crabby wrote:

Who do we have to threaten to get s revival going? Contact all your lost stripper friends and let's make this happen. Who's still in touch with Pita? She may be able to fill us in on the whereabouts of bunnerabb.

Wouldn't he be like 90 now?

---
ken.kaufman@gmail.com

2-08-15 8:14pm (new)

crabby

Member Rated:

From what I can tell from Google, Bunner is still VERY alive and VERY active on Google+. Very active. He LOVES Bruno Mars. How do I know it's him? Well, this is from his ABOUT section:

Occupation
Beat farmer

Skills
I make rock and roll happen

2-09-15 8:06pm (new)

choadwarrior
Crash Magnet

Member Rated:

Bunner is in talks with some big names in the music business.  VERY big names.

2-09-15 10:13pm (new)

Stripcreator » General Discussion » The Halcyon Days

reload page with comics

Jump to:

Post A Reply

stripcreator
Make a comic
Your comics
Create account
Forums
Help