Important notice about the future of Stripcreator (Updated: May 2nd, 2023)

stripcreator forums
Jump to:

Stripcreator » Fights Go Here » Important Thread About Social Evolution

Author

faggot
Member - Tobor Fan Club

Member Rated:

Sparked from hearing in passing on the SC chat that ChoadWarrior doesn't like the work FAGGOT. Now I'm not one to ridicule someone because of their beliefs, but the word faggot has come to be like the word nigger. It's not used with contempt much of the time anymore. If I actually called a black guy nigger out of hate, I'd just sound like a stupid asshole. Society is constantly evolving to make way for all sorts of changes in mentality that the majority goes through. Unfortunately, it seems like western society likes to stop the process of social evolution in its tracks. They insist that nigger is a horrible word (http://www.banthenword.org/directory/). But is it? If niggers are saying nigger, and faggot has just become to mean a general asshole, is it such a bad thing? Granted, using faggot to describe an asshole regardless of sexuality may seem like a homophobic thing to do, but it's slowly ceasing to mean gay at all. So many words we use now had very different meanings years ago.

Posted in fites go here because I expect someone will FITE me over this.

---
asssss

3-03-08 11:32pm (new)
quote : comics : pm : info

LuckyGuess
hm

Member Rated:

---
the kid's getting old, the kid's getting old

3-04-08 12:49am (new)

AngryAmerican
Here at least 3 times a year

Member Rated:

i don't care about what people call each other.

i cared just enough to post that i don't care

---
Kill Whitey.

3-04-08 1:23am (new)

Rabid_Weasle
Professional style cramper

Member Rated:

---
Poop.

3-04-08 9:07am (new)

UnknownEric
and the Goblet of Mountain Dew.

Member Rated:

Dude... what?

---
I has a flavor!

3-04-08 9:14am (new)

ZMannZilla
Ex-Zombie Hunting Dad Creature

Member Rated:

My rebuttal to your intelligent postulation:

The supposition you make is, in my opinion, a selfish one. It assumes that, because YOU don't have a problem with the use of the word, and you can justify this non-problem by citing other people who don't have a problem with it, while simultaneously down-playing the opinions of people who DO have a problem with it, that everything is hunky-dory.

Fact is, and we all know this, that there are still enough people in the world right now who are old enough to know what the word really means, how it was used, and who are stricken enough by its use to be offended by it. You KNOW this. You ALSO know that words like "jerk" and "asshole" and "ignorant shithead" also exist, but you CHOOSE to use those other words instead. Justify it all you want, but seriously, the only reason to use those words, is to get an extra little rise out of people. It's the empty calories of the English language - in lieu of making an innovative provocative point, you simply up the ante on your word selection, re-assign some definitions, and imply that anyone who doesn't feel like playing along is simply "not evolved".

I also don't consider finding new ways to swear to be a sign of "social evolution", and I fail to understand how it could ever be perceived as such. It's quite easy to say that "only narrow minded idiots use the n-word with its original context", but then again, I doubt very much that you personally have ever been denied a job, or prevented from voting, or ran out of a neighborhood, by one of those "narrow-minded idiots". And as for the black people that use it, I was not aware that the true sign of an educated, "socially evolved" black person, is to self-identify with a racial slur and use it an average of 3.7 times per sentence. Barack Obama and Oprah Winfrey must not be socially evolved yet.

I'm not, by any means, saying you should stop. In fact, don't let anyone censor you. Just be aware, that our language has a synonym for dang near everything, and so any self-serving bullshit excuse you can come up with to use those words is only helping you sleep better at night.  If these words were as tame as you claim they are, I'm willing to bet you wouldn't even bother using them.

---
"He was cursed with a horrorshow of a face, like Guiseppe Archbold doing a study of mollusk tumors."

3-04-08 4:51pm (new)

The_young_scot
Makes out like a Lesbian

Member Rated:

As an elderly gay black man, I find this whole thread offensive

---
The following statement its true. The previous statement is false

3-04-08 5:13pm (new)

Rabid_Weasle

Member Rated:

I never knew your name was meant to be ironic.

---
Poop.

3-04-08 6:03pm (new)

mandingo
weak stream

Member Rated:

i think getting to a place where "nigger" holds as much oomph as "butthead" will help race relations. so everyone should use it. and don't just aim it at negroes. use it as a verb, adjective, adverb, preposition, whatever.

some examples:

"hey! that guy just niggered off with my tv!"

"Joe fucked her niggerly and she couldn't walk for a week."

"i love new moons. it's such a nigger night out."

this also works with faggot:

"there was only a little peanut butter left way at the bottom of the jar, but i used my finger and faggotted it out good"

or a combination:

"supercalifaggotnigger expialijailrape"

---
what if nigger meant kite

3-04-08 6:19pm (new)

ZMannZilla

Member Rated:

mandingo

Hey, Mandingo, what if "butthead" meant "kite"?

Anyways, I reject this, on the grounds that this assumes the problem is the word itself, and not the ideology behind it. To assume that depowering this word would somehow make racists stop hating black people is kind of a stretch, in my opinion - the hatred of a people based on skin color and/or genetic history is far, far deeper than that. And when a true racist starts using the word, if we were all desensitized to it, we'd be less likely to recognize authentic hate speech.

And let me be clear on something here: I SUPPORT HATE SPEECH. I want every bona fide racist, sexist, and elitist to be able to pronounce, in a clearly identifiable voice, that they are hatemongers. This makes it easier for me to avoid them. People who would bitch up a storm about being placed under surveillance, will have no trouble whatsoever identifying themselves as ugly, narrow-minded baboons if they are given the chance to speak their minds, using the words they choose for themselves. Behold... The true power of free speech.

My point is, there's already a plethora of perfectly usable words for every idea under the sun. To purposely use the ones that we know for a fact conjure hurtful images in people, and then claim that those people who get offended are somehow less intelligent, less evolved, or otherwise below you, is a self-serving behavior. I never said "don't use the words", and I never will. I just won't play along with this idea that there's a noble purpose behind it either.

---
"He was cursed with a horrorshow of a face, like Guiseppe Archbold doing a study of mollusk tumors."

3-04-08 7:30pm (new)

mandingo
weak stream

Member Rated:

ZMannZillaAnyways, I reject this, on the grounds that this assumes the problem is the word itself, and not the ideology behind it.

it doesn't assume that actually. that's your leap. i was saying if an emotionally charged word loses its free electrons, it doesn't do as much damage or produce as much violent backlash when wielded

ZMannZillayes, that is a stretch. but easy to argue against, which is why you set up the faux dichotomy i assume

ZMannZillai always get nervous when someone starts deciding for me what are perfectly usable words and what aren't

ZMannZillathis is another one of those stretches. where did the "less intelligent, less evolved, or otherwise below you" come from?

ZMannZillagood. if you did that you'd be a niggot

ZMannZillalool, noble purpose? faggoting out peanut butter? you're taking my post a little too seriously i think

---

3-04-08 9:29pm (new)

BigFrank105
Obsessive Comic Disorder

Member Rated:

3-04-08 10:19pm (new)

biped
Mr. Wonderful

Member Rated:

I know this thread is supposed to be controversial and everything, but I laughed delightedly at the word "niggot."

---
Legend, oh legend, the third wheel legend...always in the way.

3-04-08 10:37pm (new)

ZMannZilla

Member Rated:

mandingo

And what I am saying, is that "the problem with race relations" isn't the "oomph" of the word. Black people aren't scared of racists because they use harmful language - that's like saying the most dangerous part of a gun is "the bang sound." They're scared of racists because they have this tendency to lynch them, socially ostracize them, disenfranchise them, not hire them because their names sound too ethnic, and so on. Common use of that word would simply reduce the amount of bitching white people would have to hear. It would solve nothing for black people.

I will grant that YOU didn't assume this, however the situation assumes it - you're citing "race relations" as an excuse to use highly precedented hate-speech as cuss fodder. How exactly was I NOT suppose to make the "leap" that you were discussing the problems of race relations?

mandingoyes, that is a stretch. but easy to argue against, which is why you set up the faux dichotomy i assume

"Faux dichotomy"? Look, if you're going to use RACE RELATIONS as an excuse to kick your vernacular vocabulary up a notch, don't get huffy when someone actually takes you seriously.

This is sort of what I was talking about - So far I've seen "race relations" and "social evolution" as excuses for non-blacks to drop n-bombs, instead of "cuntrag has lost its mustard". Is it seriously that hard to admit that you simply have a hard-on for strong language?

mandingo

Yeah, it's really unnerving, when someone points out that you could avoid this whole non-issue by exploring the entire English language. Sometimes, when I'm suggesting that people glance at a thesaurus, I like to toss in a little of my patented "reminding everyone that I'm not into censorship and these are just my personal opinions". Learned that trick from the Nazis.

You know, I reviewed my last two points, and NOWHERE did I ever tell people that use of the words was "wrong" or "evil" or "must be stopped". I simply said that I think it's a bullshit cop-out excuse to use words that you know are going to piss people off because, y'know, of HISTORY and shit, and then try to claim it's anything but provocativism. You want to use big, bad swear words, and evidently, "fuck" just doesn't cut it for today's jaded youth. Fine, whatever, have at it, I haven't said a word about it up to this point, and I've been here on and off since '05 - CLEARLY I'm not trying to tell people what not to say.  In all honesty, I don't even give a rodent's scaly scrotum if you want to inadvertently piss off and extra 15% of America, by using a word that hurts them deeply as your own special synonym for "stupid person". On the other hand, I'm not going to play along with this make-believe fantasy that, somehow, this is doing good for somebody, or that I'm not "socially evolved".

mandingothis is another one of those stretches. where did the "less intelligent, less evolved, or otherwise below you" come from?

That would be referring to the title of the thread and the contents of the first post, please understand that I'm not only addressing you, I am also addressing the person who started this thread.

mandingo

That was also directed at the title of the thread, not you, although it could apply to the notion that you implied that use of the word would "help race relations", instead of simply admitting that the words are being used for shock value and moving on. Regardless of one's opinions on the use of the word(s) in question, it's hardly a demonstration of "social evolution" to toss around hate-speech simply because "fuck" and "cunt" have lost their charm.

To recap: ZMannZilla, being a non-niggot of sound mind and body, gives not the flaming asshole if you want to use precedented hate-speech as humor fodder... Just pretty please, with pussy on top, DON'T insult my intelligence with stupid "white people" logic.  BigFrank's picture was balls-load more honest than your diatribes about "race relations" and "social evolution". Learn from him.

---

3-05-08 2:06am (new)

AngryAmerican
Here at least 3 times a year

Member Rated:

Wow.

i had this big long thing typed about the origin of the word 'nigger' and its associated connotations as opposed to denotations and whatnot.

then i decided to give up, say i dont care, give up recognizing a difference between blacks and niggers.

then i realized i could give a shit less. that stating opinions based on people instead of race get you no where with some people and is the equivalent of a forum flame war with a retarded, lonely person.

then i kept drinking, and cursed all Ulstermen for slackards.

---
Kill Whitey.

3-05-08 4:13am (new)

Zaster
Wait for it...

Member Rated:

"You won't break me
You won't take me
'Cause I'll fight you under
blood red ssskkkiiieeesss!!!"

But not over this. Really. If this is an "important thread" and has anything to do with "social evolution", then my thread on death wedgies was an accurate prophecy of the apocalypse.

---
I was gonna send a robot back in time, but I got high.

3-05-08 9:10am (new)

UnknownEric
and the Goblet of Mountain Dew.

Member Rated:

Semi-off-topic, I just wanted to point out that, divorced from its meaning, "jigaboo" is a REALLY funny word.

---
I has a flavor!

3-05-08 11:52am (new)

Rabid_Weasle

Member Rated:

As is nignog.

---
Poop.

3-05-08 5:45pm (new)

mandingo
weak stream

Member Rated:

ZMannZilla

And what I am saying, is that "the problem with race relations" isn't the "oomph" of the word.

who said it was? that's such an obvious point i'm surprised anyone would feel the need to make it.

ZMannZillacontext? common sense? wisdom that comes with age? the fact that i used "supercalifaggotnigger expialijailrape"? take your pick.

ZMannZillayes, that is a stretch. but easy to argue against, which is why you set up the faux dichotomy i assume

"Faux dichotomy"? Look, if you're going to use RACE RELATIONS as an excuse to kick your vernacular vocabulary up a notch, don't get huffy when someone actually takes you seriously.

easy, tiger. you ascribed a position to me that i didn't hold, continue to do so because it's an easy one to debate against, then make it personal when i call you on it. grow up a little and learn to avoid making the same mistake in the future by debating the actual points people are making instead of just some general grievance you have on the subject. or, if you're steadfast on debating yourself, next time use a non-joke post as your jumping-off point. you won't get exposed as fast

you niggot

---

3-05-08 8:45pm (new)

crabby
I have an awesome avatar.

Member Rated:

That cum dumpster can go to hell.

What are we talking about? Is someone black?

3-05-08 8:47pm (new)

theburninator
innocent bystander

Member Rated:

I feel that this whole thing of "I can say this word, but you can't" is part of racism and every other -ism. The more we define ourselves as "black", "white", "gay", "straight", "hemohipliac Portuguese leper", and suchlike, the more we separate ourselves. We should be striving to identify ourselves and all others as "human" and nothing more. We should only see differences between personalities, not between skin color, sexual orientation, or what have you.

I don't know if this really fits into this post, but I was trying to come up with a relevant response for like fifteen minutes, and this is what I finally came up with. So there it is.

Also, niggerfaggotspicchinkcocks.

---
what happened to my rustic monologue? ...i'm not sleeping with that producer again

3-05-08 9:54pm (new)

ZMannZilla

Member Rated:

mandingocontext? common sense? wisdom that comes with age? the fact that i used "supercalifaggotnigger expialijailrape"? take your pick.

OK, clearly we have some sort of a "you got your chocolate in my peanut butter/you got your serious rebuttal in my whimsical musings" thing going here. What I was trying to do, was contribute my actual opinion to what I assumed was an actual discussion - those DO happen from time to time on the internet, maybe not here as often, but hey, I'm an optimist by nature. The words "Fights go here", "Important thread", "social evolution" and "discussion forum" lulled me into a false sense of security on that one. And yes, there were all those little clues that you yourself weren't intending to be taken seriously. Then again, I think I dropped enough hints that I WAS. So you're just as black as me on that one, Mr. Kettle.

(For the viewers at home: I'm Mr. Pot.)

mandingo

Note the bold, Mr. Kettle...

You're assuming that, because I'm verbose and over-wordy, that I'm somehow taking all this personally. Let's clear that up too, because apparently you're getting a little butthurt yourself over all this:

1) Your trademark internet medium seems to be recreational use of racial slurs. Mine is recreational overuse of words in general. It takes me three paragraphs just to explain that I don't care about shit. My whole point in all of that was, to put it as simply as I know how, DON'T BULLSHIT A BULLSHITTER. That's it. That was the sum of it. Call off the dogs already.

2) I was trying to have a debate, you were trying to have a laugh. Mistakes happen, wires get crossed. Oopsie.

3) I didn't make a single personal attack towards you. Not one. I never once tried to "make it personal". I also didn't take anything personally that wasn't leveled directly at my own head. It was my special version of shits and giggles, and I don't blame you for not understanding, but at the same time, I really have to wonder where all the hostility is coming from.

4) In my own defense, the term "race relations" shares a level of vagueness with the word "ice cream" - yes, but what FLAVOR? Again, we seemed to have crossed some streams on this one. You were discussing one facet, I was discussion the whole gem. Not only are we not on the same page, I'm not entirely sure we were reading from the same book. To quote Item 2, "Oopsie."

4) With all due respect, stuff the "grow up a little" comment right up your ass. Last time I checked, mature grown-ups don't devolve into name-calling and implications of Orwellian censorship* every time someone has the audacity to disagree with them.

(*This refers to your "people telling me what's appropriate makes me nervous" comment, which completely gleans over the fact that I never actually told anyone "what was appropriate", and in fact, was using the word "appropriate" in the context of "befitting the situation", and not "what society approves of". Just so we're clear.)

mandingo

The actual point you were trying to make, if I've understand you thus far, is "I think if we used slurs more often, and in a whole bunch of unrelated contexts, it would take the power away from them and help ease race relations." My response - "I respectfully disagree with your simplistic solution to a complex problem, and yes I'm addressing your farcical whimsy as a serious postulation, but I'd appreciate some credit for doing so without questioning your manhood, intelligence, or maturity level."

mandingo

I love you too, sugar-snatch, but we gotta stop meeting like this.

---

3-05-08 11:55pm (new)

Rabid_Weasle

Member Rated:

Stop feeding the troll.

---
Poop.

3-06-08 12:19am (new)

mandingo
weak stream