Important notice about the future of Stripcreator (Updated: May 2nd, 2023)

stripcreator forums
Jump to:

Stripcreator » General Discussion » Announcements 2: Havana Nights

Author

HCRoyall
100mg Thorazine, Please

Member Rated:

Since the forum has borked the old Announcements thread, here's a replacement.

I THOUGHT I was being published, but it's been almost two weeks since the publisher contacted me back and asked when would be a good time to call, and I haven't been called.  Checked my email and my manuscript to make sure they had the right number, and they do.  In the past it's taken them an average of two weeks to get back to me in our correspondence, so I'm hoping that this is just normal delay; by that timing they should be getting to me sometime next week, hopefully.

---
It was such a waste of everyone’s time and money that even the Tokyo stadium’s rape robots apologized– something they were programmed specifically never to do.

2-27-15 12:38pm (new)
quote : comics : pm : info

crabby
I have an awesome avatar.

Member Rated:

Best of luck to you. 

Here's my latest review. White Castles Shrimp Nibblers. Just in time for LENT!

http://bit.ly/1Gzwwgx

2-28-15 8:12am (new)

Injokester
Definitely drunk

Member Rated:

*Wishes HC luck!*

I recently learned how to solve a Rubik's cube, in what I've been told is a ridiculously short time. On the weekend I challenged a Rubik's robot made entirely of Lego to see who could do it the quickest and got annihilated.

I am now building a robot of my own to smash that robot to pieces at the next convention.

---
Dinosaurs had eggs bro, the chicken came way later.

3-10-15 10:14pm (new)

HCRoyall
100mg Thorazine, Please

Member Rated:

Update: My manuscript is with their editors.  Once the editors have gone through it with their fine-tipped red pens it'll be sent back to me and I have the unpleasant task of revisions.

---
It was such a waste of everyone’s time and money that even the Tokyo stadium’s rape robots apologized– something they were programmed specifically never to do.

3-11-15 2:32pm (new)

ladyjdotnet
Snitcreator

Member Rated:

I wish I had a good announcement, but I don't. I was recently diagnosed with breast cancer. I guess the karma from my comics tagline caught up with me. I'm having a double mastectomy on Wednesday. Healing thoughts and good wishes are welcome. 

---
I am a delicate fucking flower. https://beacons.ai/jesskent

3-23-15 10:18pm (new)

four_legged_tripod
Do what to who for how many jellybeans?

Member Rated:

ladyjdotnet wrote:

Healing thoughts and good wishes are welcome. 

I've been sending them your way and will continue to do so.

---
"Humiliation is humiliation only when you choose to suffer." ~ Chuck Palahniuk, Choke

3-24-15 6:57am (new)

evil_d
Riding through your town with his head on fire

Member Rated:

ladyjdotnet wrote:

I wish I had a good announcement, but I don't. I was recently diagnosed with breast cancer. I guess the karma from my comics tagline caught up with me. I'm having a double mastectomy on Wednesday. Healing thoughts and good wishes are welcome. 

Well... that sure does suck.  Hope the procedure goes well.

---
The what mentioned above is total fiction. Please don't take it seriously!

3-24-15 7:02am (new)

HCRoyall
100mg Thorazine, Please

Member Rated:

ladyjdotnet wrote:

Cancer's a bitch.  Science says keeping a positive attitude is a definite add to your survival chances, though, so do what you can to keep your spirits up.

---

3-24-15 9:43am (new)

Injokester
Definitely drunk

Member Rated:

My robot was a failure, now I've moved on to a train with working themepark rides on all the carriages (powered off the axel).

And if the carousel doesn't stop behaving like an asshole it's getting scrapped and I'm putting in a rocking pirate boat.

---

3-29-15 10:57pm (new)

evil_d

Member Rated:

I've never had a personal one, but I recently created my very first Twitter account for the sole purpose of posting mooooooooose haiku.

In case it's not obvious, moooooooooooooooose haiku are short poems that concern the mooooooooooose.

If you don't have a Twitter account, let me congratulate you on your good taste and point out that there's an RSS feed you can follow instead.

---

5-06-15 6:02pm (new)

AccentuateNegative
Your Gay

Member Rated:

I have been with my boyfriend for a year.  

6-03-15 3:52pm (new)

evil_d

Member Rated:

AccentuateNegative wrote:

You know, I've always assumed you were married, or at least in a long-term relationship.  Don't rightly know why.  Anyway, congratulations on the milestone.

---

6-04-15 8:53pm (new)

DragonXero
I'm Here, You're Queer, Get Used to it

Member Rated:

AccentuateNegative wrote:

Jesus man, kinda figured you've have settled down by now.  Oh well, I guess I can't complain.  I've been single for years now.

In better news, I'm no longer bending over and destroying my back for just over minimum wage.  I'm getting a buttload of money listening to people complain about the fact that they have to pay their deductible for elective surgery.  Can't complain.

---
Do you want ants? Because that's how you get ants.

7-12-15 8:41pm (new)

Injokester
Definitely drunk

Member Rated:

Sure you can buddy, in fact if you're not complaining then your job isn't soul crushing enough to bring out the best in your comedy.

Oh, and if you're doing that in a callcentre then check out the colour printing and laminating options; it's very common that these are for managers only, which means anything you print in colour and laminate will be seen as official by all staff. Used to have some fun with that.

---

7-12-15 11:25pm (new)

DragonXero
I'm Here, You're Queer, Get Used to it

Member Rated:

Hrm, the color printouts are available beyond the managers and supervisors, though I'm sure it's expected we keep it all to a minimum.  Mainly the only things I have any reason to print are text, but the training staff, none of whom are supervisors, are all quite capable of printing off color pictures for use in training.

Other than my trainer, they're all at the same level as me, though a higher pay grade due to being there for a while.  Funny thing is, I don't think any of my supervisors have been there more than 5 years, with quite a few supervisors only having been there 2 years.

It's a bit different from offices I've been in before, and kinda nice really. Because of all we're expceted to do, there's not as much "office etiquitte" required.  Business casual is only required when big wigs are coming in. Otherwise, wear whatever you want, so long as it's tasteful.

That doesn't apply to everyone, though. In particular, trainers have to wear business casual every day but Friday.

I really don't miss button-up shirts, ties, and slacks every day.

---
Do you want ants? Because that's how you get ants.

7-13-15 7:43pm (new)

AccentuateNegative
Your Gay

Member Rated:

DragonXero wrote:

In better news, I'm no longer bending over and destroying my back for just over minimum wage.  I'm getting a buttload...  Can't complain.

I'm still giving it away.

7-15-15 5:56pm (new)

choadwarrior
Crash Magnet

Member Rated:

My pilot drew a very naughty flight path on the approach to London.

7-28-15 1:23am (new)

HCRoyall
100mg Thorazine, Please

Member Rated:

choadwarrior wrote:

My pilot drew a very naughty flight path on the approach to London.

Did you introduce him to stripcreator?

---

7-28-15 5:56am (new)

choadwarrior
Crash Magnet

Member Rated:

I ate sheep brain tacos for the first time today.  They were delicious.

8-17-15 12:16am (new)

HCRoyall
100mg Thorazine, Please

Member Rated:

There are less than two weeks until the estimated due date for my first child to be born.

According to the syllabi for my nursing classes, I have a test the day before and the day after.

That little shit better come a few days early or late. 

---

9-17-15 2:12pm (new)

jes_lawson
I don't know what I'm doing either

Member Rated:

Safe times, Hunter. 

I'm away to work for a toxic bank for as long as I can stand. 

---
Please replace the handset, and try again.

9-20-15 11:09am (new)

AngryAmerican
Here at least 3 times a year

Member Rated:

I just thought I'd pop in a say hi.

Hi. 

---
Kill Whitey.

10-21-15 2:27pm (new)

jes_lawson
I don't know what I'm doing either

Member Rated:

Welcome back. \oo/

---
Please replace the handset, and try again.

10-22-15 8:01am (new)

HCRoyall
100mg Thorazine, Please

Member Rated:

My daughter is two months old tomorrow.

I still have no fucking idea what I'm doing.

---

11-23-15 5:41am (new)

evil_d

Member Rated:

Well, she's too young to realize it.  You've still got a couple of years to get it together.

---

11-23-15 8:22am (new)

Stripcreator » General Discussion » Announcements 2: Havana Nights

reload page with comics

Jump to:

Post A Reply

stripcreator
Make a comic
Your comics
Create account
Forums
Help